[horde] Can't get Horde to detect PEAR Crypt_CHAP module

Ryan Steele steele at agora-net.com
Mon Jul 2 19:26:13 UTC 2007

Hey folks,

I've got a shiny new Horde installation using the latest stable
framework (3.1.4).  My plan is to use LDAP for passwords, as our servers
currently implement that backend to do authentication, and make use of
smbldap-tools. However, I've got one small bit of my test.php that
doesn't give me the green light:

# PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):
/var/www/horde/lib:/var/www/horde/lib/../pear
Crypt_CHAP: No
If you will be using the smbldap driver for password changes, then you
must install the PEAR Crypt_CHAP module.

There are two issues here, I believe.  The first is that PHP's
include_path is not /var/www/horde/lib or /var/www/horde/pear - my
php.ini has it set to something else altogether - /usr/share/php.  This
may be the crux of the problem, and if it is, I'd love to know how to
change this to match my setup.

The other thing is, the Crypt_CHAP module for PEAR is installed, which
is what seems to bolster the claim that Horde has an incorrect PEAR
search path:

server:~# pear list
Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
Package          Version State
Archive_Tar      1.3.2   stable
Auth_SASL        1.0.2   stable
Console_Getopt   1.2.2   stable
Crypt_CHAP       1.0.1   stable
HTTP_Request     1.4.1   stable
Log              1.9.11  stable
Mail             1.1.14  stable
Mail_Mime        1.5.2   stable
Mail_mimeDecode  1.5.0   stable
Net_SMTP         1.2.10  stable
Net_Socket       1.0.8   stable
Net_URL          1.0.15  stable
PEAR             1.5.4   stable
Structures_Graph 1.0.2   stable

I'd appreciate any feedback on this issue - I've been reading the FAQs,
scouring Google, and doing lots of minor tweaking to the installation to
try and get this to work to no avail... thanks!

--
Ryan Steele
Systems Administrator