[horde] horde + fastcgi? / problems with horde and apache2?

Liam Hoekenga liamr at deathstar.org
Fri Jul 6 18:50:25 UTC 2007

Hey guys -

We upgraded our webmail pool from apache 1.3.37 to 2.2.3, and now we're
having some memory issues (it looks like apache isn't honoring the
MaxRequestsPerChild setting?), so occasionally we'll get a bunch of
children that take up 500mb of memory, the machines loose all their
swap, and get super unhappy.

Anyhoo.. we're trying to figure out a solution to this.  One of the
ideas we came up with was to run horde with CGI version of PHP running
under FastCGI.   Anyone have any advice about Horde and FastCGI?  Or has
anyone else run into a similar apache 2 memory issue?

Liam