[horde] horde + fastcgi? / problems with horde and apache2?

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Jul 6 19:38:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, Liam Hoekenga wrote:

> Hey guys -
>
> We upgraded our webmail pool from apache 1.3.37 to 2.2.3, and now we're
> having some memory issues (it looks like apache isn't honoring the
> MaxRequestsPerChild setting?), so occasionally we'll get a bunch of
> children that take up 500mb of memory, the machines loose all their
> swap, and get super unhappy.
>
> Anyhoo.. we're trying to figure out a solution to this.  One of the
> ideas we came up with was to run horde with CGI version of PHP running
> under FastCGI.   Anyone have any advice about Horde and FastCGI?  Or has
> anyone else run into a similar apache 2 memory issue?

We're running Apache 2.2.3 (Debian Etch packages) with no problems here,
although we do have the memory limit set to 100MB in php.ini.  I know the
Horde test.php doesn't like the php memory limit, but it seems crazy to me
to run without a memory limit.  :)

Anyways, if you want to compare config files or something, let me know.

 	Andy