[horde] Hermes Question

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Wed Jul 25 12:19:25 UTC 2007

Hello,

Didn't see a Hermes list, which is why I posted here.  I have someone
that is interested in using Hermes.  I have downloaded it via CVS and
have it installed and somewhat working.

My question is on the address book Hermes needs to use for its client
list.  I am using this link as a reference,
http://wiki.horde.org/HermesAddressBook, which was written by Michael
Rubinsky.  I have created the second table and it works fine for each
user.  But, each user must add their own clients individually, no
sharing.  In the link, under step 2, the directions state to
Permission your users to see/use this new database.  Is this what is
supposed to enable all users to use the same DB for clients, I don't
really think so, or is the only way to have a shared address book is
by using the Alternate suggestion?

If yes to the first, can you provide some more detail on how to do
that, please?  If no, then I am reading and understanding correctly.

Thanks,

John Bennett

Thanks,

John H. Bennett III