[horde] Hermes Question

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jul 26 08:38:52 UTC 2007

Zitat von "John H. Bennett III" <bennettj at thebennetthome.com>:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Didn't see a Hermes list, which is why I posted here.  I have someone
>>> that is interested in using Hermes.  I have downloaded it via CVS and
>>> have it installed and somewhat working.
>>>
>>> My question is on the address book Hermes needs to use for its client
>>> list.  I am using this link as a reference,
>>> http://wiki.horde.org/HermesAddressBook, which was written by Michael
>>> Rubinsky.  I have created the second table and it works fine for each
>>> user.  But, each user must add their own clients individually, no
>>> sharing.  In the link, under step 2, the directions state to
>>> Permission your users to see/use this new database.  Is this what is
>>> supposed to enable all users to use the same DB for clients, I don't
>>> really think so, or is the only way to have a shared address book is
>>> by using the Alternate suggestion?
>>
>> You can either create a shared address book that all users have access
>> to, or create a global address book for the clients, i.e. a not shared
>> address book with permissions set though Horde's permission interface.
>>
>> Jan.
>>
> I can get the shared address book to work.  It takes a little more
> work to setup, but fine, it's a solution.  I guess I'm not
> understanding how to create the global address book.  Can this only
> be done via ldap, or can MySQL be used?  I have followed the
> instructions in the link above, and when I do this, my users end up
> with a second local address book.  I also don't see how to do this
> from sources.php.dist.  If you can do it within MySQL, would you
> please show me an example of what my sources.php should look like,
> then any other steps needed.  I'm OK with setting the horde
> permissions, just getting the GAB is what is throwing me.

Sure it's possible with MySQL, or any DB for that matter. Just create
a new address book and disable shares. Then set global permissions for
it.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/