[horde] Hermes Question

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Thu Jul 26 14:03:16 UTC 2007

> Zitat von "John H. Bennett III" <bennettj at thebennetthome.com>:
>>>
>> I can get the shared address book to work.  It takes a little more
>> work to setup, but fine, it's a solution.  I guess I'm not
>> understanding how to create the global address book.  Can this only
>> be done via ldap, or can MySQL be used?  I have followed the
>> instructions in the link above, and when I do this, my users end up
>> with a second local address book.  I also don't see how to do this
>> from sources.php.dist.  If you can do it within MySQL, would you
>> please show me an example of what my sources.php should look like,
>> then any other steps needed.  I'm OK with setting the horde
>> permissions, just getting the GAB is what is throwing me.
>
> Sure it's possible with MySQL, or any DB for that matter. Just create
> a new address book and disable shares. Then set global permissions for
> it.
>

> Jan.

Jan,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and help me
understand better.  I think I am getting closer, but not there yet.
Here is what I have done.

I created a new entry in sources.php and set use_shared to false,
copied the turba_objects.sql file, updated it to reflect the changes
in sources.php,  imported it to mysql.  Modifed turba's conf.php
$conf['client']['addressbook']to reflect the new source.  Login as
admin, set permissions on Address book, Sources, my new source to All
Authenticated - show, read, edit, delete.  Verified that the new
address book is not shareabe via my address books, Edit address books,
and the new address book is not editable.  Added an entry to the new
address book, then go to Enter time.  New entry is visible to admin
user.

Logout and login as a new user and new user can't see the entry put in
by Admin.  Add entry to new address book, go to enter time, new entry
is seen by user1 only.  The is a repeatable pattern for any user.
They see only their entries.

So, I still need help with how to make the new address book entries
visible to all users.  It's fine if all entries to the new address
book have to be entered by the admin and the other users have only
show and read.  I tried changing perms for this as well.

What else have I missed or misunderstood?  If there is a doc or wiki
entry on this, please point me to it.  I have been searching on this
since before I posted this question.

Thanks again,

John