[horde] Horde SSL issue

Nathan Mills nathan at nwacg.net
Mon Aug 6 00:13:27 UTC 2007

I'm having a problem using SSL with Horde (Groupware Webmail Edition 1.0 to
be exact).

I've configured my Apache server for SSL. For some reason, when trying to
access Horde over SSL the navigation frame loads OK, but the main frame
does not. Horde rewrites the url to
https://my.server:80/horde/login.php?frameset_loaded=1.

Thanks to the spurious :80, the main frame does not load. Oddly, most of
the links in the navigation frame work fine (excluding the top level Mail
link, which has the proper URL in the link, but redirects to the broken
version with the spurious :80), so it's really only an issue of the initial
redirect.

I have $conf['server']['port'] set to $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']. I checked
using phpinfo() that SERVER_PORT is indeed getting set to 443 when using
https and 80 when using http on the default ports. $conf['use_ssl'] is set
to 2, which I understand causes Horde to auto detect whether it should be
using http or https urls and the correct port.

I'm using Horde Groupware Webmail Edition FWIW, although I don't see why
that would make a difference. I previously (several months ago) tried to
configure the same setup on another server running the latest (at the time)
HEAD code with the same results.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
-Nathan