[horde] Horde SSL issue

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Aug 6 02:21:33 UTC 2007

Quoting Nathan Mills <nathan at nwacg.net>:

> I'm having a problem using SSL with Horde (Groupware Webmail Edition 1.0 to
> be exact).
>
> I've configured my Apache server for SSL. For some reason, when trying to
> access Horde over SSL the navigation frame loads OK, but the main frame
> does not. Horde rewrites the url to
> https://my.server:80/horde/login.php?frameset_loaded=1.
>
> Thanks to the spurious :80, the main frame does not load. Oddly, most of
> the links in the navigation frame work fine (excluding the top level Mail
> link, which has the proper URL in the link, but redirects to the broken
> version with the spurious :80), so it's really only an issue of the initial
> redirect.

It'll also show up elsewhere that we generate full URLs.

I'm not sure exactly why you're seeing this, but you need to take a
look at the url() function in horde/lib/Horde.php. In the if ($full)
check, you'll find the code; it seems that at some point in the
process Horde is picking up a non-ssl port. If you can nail that then
that should point at the fix.

-chuck