[horde] Exim-dovecot-Horde/imp-Mysql

Andre Eisvogel andre at eisvogel.nl
Tue Aug 21 20:22:28 UTC 2007

Dear all,

I'm running a linuxbox with ' Dovecot<->Exim<->horde/IMP<-> Mysql ', this is a
very good combination and works excellent for the system users.

Now I want to change the configuration and authenticate against the mysql
database from horde. That way it is much easy for me to create (virtual) mail
users. I also want to use the mail alias of the horde users for Exim and
Dovecot.

My questions are; is it possible to use the horde mysql database for this? And
is it also possible for the mail alias of horde?
If this is possible, is there a howto of this configuration?

The packages i'm using are:
Exim 4.67
Dovecot 1:1.0.3
Horde 3.1.4