[horde] Alarms in Portal view

Bill Graham grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com
Mon Oct 29 22:01:51 UTC 2007

My observation is that the alarm trigger only goes off then the entire
portal page is refreshed -
there is no portal block that that causes the alarm to sound or popup -
so - the result is the alarms won't notify the user if sits on their
portal page with an xmlhttpd capable browser.
Most of my users want to use their Horde world via their portal page.
Either the calendar portal block will have to handle the alarms for
calendar events or the whole page has to refresh -
I am not trying to make a fuss -
But my users are not going to understand why they can sit on the
portal and get alarms.

I was thinking the alarm code might better go into the left menu -
since it refreshes regularly. But then - it they turn that off - same
problem.
I think a xmlhttpd alarm block that is always present on the portal
page may be necessary.

Bill

--
Bill Graham