[horde] [imp] memcache session tracking

Liam Hoekenga liamr at deathstar.org
Mon Nov 12 17:56:38 UTC 2007

>> Will the mecache session tracking allow me to get that sort of usage
>> information?  If so, will it work across a pool of memcache servers?
>>

> Yes and yes.  When running the script, we check to make sure that all
> sessions truly are active.  And we run the script using the same
> memcache configuration as in horde/config/conf.php so it is querying
> the same pool as everything else we do with memcache.

Since memcache items are just key / value pairs,  how do you iterate
through the memcache sessions? Do you keep a list of them someplace?

What are the chances this particular functionality could be back ported
to the 3.0.x branch?  Is there anything specifically Horde 3.2ish about
what it's doing? We had a failed upgrade to 3.1.x fall of 2006 and
rolled back to our 3.0.x installation and let it sit there.  At this
point, we're probably going to skip 3.1.x completely and move to 3.2.x.

Liam