[horde] Horde 3.1.3 and Kerberos auth

Torsten Becker t.becker at nc-world.de
Tue Nov 13 11:25:30 UTC 2007

>> Quoting Torsten Becker <t.becker at nc-world.de>:
>>

>>> Is anyone using kerberos authentication with horde3? Perhaps with the
>>> newer php5? Are there any hints for me?
>>>

>> some years ago i compiled that cerberos module for php4. i had to
>> realize that that module was only misleadingly called a cerberos
>> module. It only tried to authenticate letting the cerberos server
>> check the login/password credentials and recieving true or false. But
>> unfortunatly it was not able to store the tickets afterwards. So it
>> would be only suitable for authentication and than you would have to
>> store the login/password credentials in the session as usual. Horde
>> would not be able to store the ticket instead in the session by using
>> that php module.

So you mean, your always prompted to give username/password at
login-screen and horde checks this credentials against kerberos?
For now, this is the way I got it working. But thats not what I
suggested, I wanted to have a SSO without beeing asked for for
username/password in every modul .

mfg
Torsten Becker

--
---

net-concept T. Becker
Goethestrasse 7
55288 Udenheim

Tel:    +49 6732 9339 761
Fax:    +49 6732 9339 767
Mobil:  +49  178 4589 296

eMail:	t.becker at nc-world.de
Web:	http://www-nc-world.de

Steuernummer:	03/009/4264/8

please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any
e-mail is strictly forbidden.