[horde] Horde 3.1.3 and Kerberos auth

Liam Hoekenga liamr at deathstar.org
Tue Nov 13 15:14:41 UTC 2007

> So you mean, your always prompted to give username/password at
> login-screen and horde checks this credentials against kerberos?
> For now, this is the way I got it working. But thats not what I
> suggested, I wanted to have a SSO without beeing asked for for
> username/password in every modul .

The kerberos authentication backend for horde is exactly that.  It
allows the built in horde authentication to check passwords against your
KDC.  So, you get the horde login screen, and use your kerberos username
and password.

Which SSO are you using?  There is a shibboleth authentication backend
for horde which you might be able to make work.  We're using CoSign and
a modified version of the "auto" authenticator (our script should work
with anything that sets $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']). In both of these
cases, they should pick up the authentication from the SSO such that
horde's authentication is never invoked in a user visible fasion.

Liam