[horde] Horde VFS on separate DB machine?

Kevin Konowalec webadmin at ualberta.ca
Thu Nov 22 18:48:42 UTC 2007

Horde 3.1.5
IMP 4.1.5
PHP 4.4.1
Clustered environment all sharing common NFS space for uploaded files.

I was wondering if it was possible to separate the VFS DB from the
regular SQL backend?  We're trying to do some testing to see why
attachments are randomly failing and want to be able to use the
production database for preferences and address book but want to shift
the VFS storage to a second non-production database box for test
purposes.  Is that doable?  If so, how?

We're trying to test if the problem we're having with attachments
randomly not being sent (though having been successfully uploaded to
the server) is related to not using VFS at all (simply storing the
uploaded files on a shared NFS volume).