[horde] Database changes

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Wed Nov 28 00:00:29 UTC 2007

Quoting Jered Davis <jered at skywerx.com>:

> Hello:
>
> I'm currently running PHP v4.3.9, Horde v2.0, and IMP v3.0 and I want to
> upgrade to the latest version of Horde and IMP to make use of some newer
> functionality.  My concern has been, and I have not been able to find any
> documentation, regarding database changes in newer versions.
>
> That said, IF I upgrade to the latest version(s) how are user preferences
> affected in the existing MySQL database?  Is there an sql script for simply
> making updates to the existing tables or are my worries pointless?

There are upgrade instructions in docs/UPGRADING.  Regarding your
specific questions about prefs, I believe there were some changes as
to the format of how  some pref values were stored, (last_login
maybe?) There are upgrade scripts available, as documented in
UPGRADING.  You will probably need to upgrade from your 2.x to 3.0
first, and then upgrade further up in steps...