[horde] Horde and Kola questions

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 10:33:07 UTC 2007

Hi.

I currently run horde with imp, kronolith, turba etc in combination
with courier-imap, sendmail, openLDAP and mysql running on another
server.

I was looking at ways top open horde a bit and work in cooperation
with other services (outlook in particular) and looked a Kolab.

Will Kolab allows me to do this ? Or can I do things such as share
calendars, address book between Horde and Outlook and a PocketPC
without needing Kolab?

Now I see that Kolab runs with OpenLDAP (which I already have
running), Postfix, Cyrus IMAP etc...

Do I must install such program or can I keep my existing servers
without having to change everything?  and only pick the element of
Kolab I don't already have.

I don't see the point on installing postfix or Cyrus as I already have
a working email solution nor do I want to install OpenLDAP again.

Thank you
Jean-Yves