[horde] Turba with OpenLDAP addressbook

Chaminda Indrajith indrajith at adm.sltidc.lk
Sat Jan 12 17:43:48 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I have set up a common addressbook in OpenLDAP server.

my slapd.conf and sample entries are shown below. How can I set up
turba to use this addressbook commonly for all the users in read only
mode.

I would appreciate your help in the regard.
Regards
Chaminda Indrajith

My slapd.conf
---------------

include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
pidfile /var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile /var/run/slapd.args
database ldbm
suffix "dc=example, dc=com"
rootdn "dc=example, dc=com"
rootpw secret
directory /var/db/openldap-ldbm
index objectClass eq

Entries in OpenLDAP Server
-------------------------

dn: dc=example, dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
dc: example
o: Conglomo, Inc.

dn: ou=addressbook, dc=example, dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: addressbook

dn: cn=Jane Doe, ou=addressbook, dc=example, dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
cn: Jane Doe
gn: Jane
sn: Doe
mail: jane.doe at example.com
physicalDeliveryOfficeName: Conglomo, Inc., Financial Services
postalAddress: PO BOX 55555
l: Baton Rouge
ou: addressbook
st: LA