[horde] Removing users from Horde database

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães leolistas at solutti.com.br
Sun Jan 13 22:56:39 UTC 2008

Josh Webb escreveu:
> I just set up Horde, with Imp and a few other modules. User
> authentication is being done by Imp, which is authenticating to our IMAP
> server. It works. What concerns me is that when I delete a user from the
> mail server, Horde has no way to know that the user was deleted, so the
> users preferences, address books, etc. stay in the Horde database. So,
> my question is, how do I remove users from the horde database? I have
> phpMyAdmin, so I can search for and delete the records relating to a
> user, but will that break anything? Is there a better way? This setup is
> at a school. So, yearly, there will be hundreds of accounts that will
> need to be removed.

    I think the easiest way is have your account admin interface to
connect to horde database and delete records from the tables filtering
by the uid which will be your being-deleted user account/email address.

    Deleting users from your users database and then, later, try to make
horde databases 'clean' enough seems the most difficult option to me.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes at solutti.com.br