[horde] Apple iCal and Kronolith

Ryan Steele rsteele at archer-group.com
Tue Jan 15 19:09:00 UTC 2008

Hello folks,

I've got the latest RC's of Horde and Kronolith going, and from
Thunderbird/Lightning I can subscribe to a calendar via URL like this:

http://my.domain.com/rpc.php/kronolith/user.ics

...which lets me see existing events and add new events, syncing the
changes with Kronolith without any manual publishing.  However, I'm
having issues trying to accomplish this with Apple's iCal.  It seems the
two issues are that:

1.  It always treats the calendars as read-only.
2.  It prompts me for the password when using rpc.php

Is this expected/known behavior, and if so are there patches/workarounds
more recent than the RC's?  Or, conversely, am I just going about this
wrong?  I'd really like the iCal users to be able to subscribe to the
calendars via the rpc.php file, and have the ability to directly edit
the calendars like the Outlook/Thunderbird users.  Thanks for your hard
work on the project, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,
Ryan

--
Ryan Steele