[horde] Load testing

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jan 18 23:26:01 UTC 2008

Zitat von Kevin Konowalec <webadmin at ualberta.ca>:

> I was wondering what the Horde development team does to load test the
> various upgrades and point releases of the various Horde components.
> Is there a good automated test suite out there for web applications?

We usually don't run any load test before the releases. But there is a
good testing tool for web application load tests: JMeter.

> The reason I ask is that any time we see some strange new problem it
> only seems to appear under loads generated by typical or high usage
> (which in our setup is anywhere between 5000-8000 logins per hour - we
> can't tell what our concurrent usage is yet, but supposedly we'll be
> able to in 3.2 so that makes me happy).  What kinds of usage loads are
> typically tested at the development end?

Usually none, because we don't develop in production environments.
Load and resource usage is usually optimized on user feedback. I
personally run profiling tests every once in a while or when a certain
problem is reported.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/