[horde] Load testing

Kevin Konowalec webadmin at ualberta.ca
Fri Jan 18 21:32:55 UTC 2008

I was wondering what the Horde development team does to load test the
various upgrades and point releases of the various Horde components.
Is there a good automated test suite out there for web applications?

The reason I ask is that any time we see some strange new problem it
only seems to appear under loads generated by typical or high usage
(which in our setup is anywhere between 5000-8000 logins per hour - we
can't tell what our concurrent usage is yet, but supposedly we'll be
able to in 3.2 so that makes me happy).  What kinds of usage loads are
typically tested at the development end?