[horde] Horde Handbook

Josh Endries josh at endries.org
Wed Feb 6 17:20:01 UTC 2008

Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know, I've received multiple
complains/requests from my users for better webmail documentation, so
I've decided to write a handbook for Horde and some applications (IMP,
Kronolith, Turba at least). I'm generally using the FreeBSD Handbook as
a guide, which has proven invaluable to me and many others. It probably
won't be an exhaustive list of everything you can do or change, but
rather a basic reference for new users.

For example: recently I had a user struggle with alarms in Kronolith.
They thought the alarms would do something other than just send out an
email...this document would explain what happens so they don't waste
hours trying to get it working (coincidentally, the notification script
has so few error messages I couldn't figure out why it wasn't sending
the email notifications in a reasonable amount of time).

If people want to help, that's cool, otherwise it will just take longer.
It's in the very early stages now (aka, I picked a title). :) I'm
planning on using DocBook, which is what the FreeBSD Handbook uses, and
I found LyX which is a pretty nice DocBook editor. I've never done this
before so I hope it turns out well!

I'll have an SVN site set up soon.