[horde] horde import and export

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Mon Feb 11 13:43:54 UTC 2008

Seppo Laukkanen wrote:

> So my question is, is there a component/module - or anyway to export the old
> settings and mails and contact lists and then to import them to new one?

That highly depends on how all these things are stored on the old server
and how they will/can be stored on the new server. For example, mail
messages are usually kept in an IMAP mailstore which depends on which IMAP
server is used and how it is configured (mbox, maildir, cyrus, ...). User
settings and address books are usually kept in SQL database which can be
MySQL, PostgreSQL or something else. In order for anyone to suggest a
workable migration strategy, you need to find out all those details about
the old server and the new server. There is no "general Horde export/import
module" which would export "all the stuff" from the old server and import
it to the new server.

--
Toomas Aas