[horde] LDAP backend

Manuel Molina Cuberos mmolina at webactiva.com
Tue Feb 12 17:42:45 UTC 2008

Andy Dorman escribió:
> We encountered the same issue on our development site with our OpenLDAP
> 2.3.40 backend.  We are setting up our system with the latest release
> candidates after running tests with the latest stable versions of
> horde/imp/turba.

Because of our use of stable-only versions, I think OpenLDAP is behaving
this way from some time now. I know this issue from at least about 6
months now, since we migrated some very old 2.0 OpenLDAP in my last job.
> However, I did not want to say anything until we finished updating to
> the latest release candidates to make sure the issue was still there.
>
> My crude and temporary fix (NOT a suggested patch since this would make
> the code completely inscrutable and a real head-scratcher 6 months from
> now) was to just set $top=true before the checks. This almost makes
> sense since with our version of OpenLDAP, the top object class already
> exists.
>
> In horde/lib/Horde/Prefs/ldap.php
> 453     if ($result['count'] > 0) {
> 454         $top = true;
> 455         $hordeperson = false;

Indeed, more clean that my solution ;-)
Have you thought about setting this as a configuration option / choice ?
> I would also be interested to know how many others using LDAP for their
> backend db have encountered this problem.

Regards,