[horde] LDAP backend

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Tue Feb 12 15:08:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 14:05 +0100, Manuel Molina Cuberos wrote:
> I've circumvented this editing the source code of our file, to avoid the
> message, changing the following:
>
>     /* Add any missing objectclasses. */
>         if (!$top) {
>           ldap_mod_add($this->_connection, $this->_dn,
> array('objectclass' => 'top'));
>         }
>
> for
>
>     /* Add any missing objectclasses. */
>
> I've untouched the next check, about "hordeperson" objectclass.
>
> We're using Debian Stable, and this is the list of our products versions:
>
> Horde:   3.1.3-4etch2
> OpenLDAP:   2.3.30-5
>
> Do anybody already think about this issue ?

We encountered the same issue on our development site with our OpenLDAP
2.3.40 backend.  We are setting up our system with the latest release
candidates after running tests with the latest stable versions of
horde/imp/turba.

However, I did not want to say anything until we finished updating to
the latest release candidates to make sure the issue was still there.

My crude and temporary fix (NOT a suggested patch since this would make
the code completely inscrutable and a real head-scratcher 6 months from
now) was to just set $top=true before the checks. This almost makes
sense since with our version of OpenLDAP, the top object class already
exists.

In horde/lib/Horde/Prefs/ldap.php
453     if ($result['count'] > 0) {
454         $top = true;
455         $hordeperson = false;

I would also be interested to know how many others using LDAP for their
backend db have encountered this problem.

--
Andy Dorman
Ironic Design, Inc.