[horde] iCal 2.x sends iCalendar data as application/octet-stream

Ryan Steele rsteele at archer-group.com
Wed Feb 13 00:14:42 UTC 2008

Hey list,

I couldn't figure out why my Tiger clients were having problems
publishing to Kronolith, until I realized after WireShark'ing the
traffic that the version of iCal on Tiger sends the data out as
application/octet-stream instead of text/calendar.  I know the easy
answer is "have those clients upgrade to Leopard", but that's a tougher
sell in reality.  I'd like to ask the Horde hackers out there:

1. Is it even possible to tweak Kronolith to accept
application/octet-stream?
2. What are the possible risks with doing so?
3. Has a solution (rather, a hack to accommodate a fault in iCal 2.x)
been considered/implemented since 3.2RC-1?

Thanks as always,
Ryan

--
Ryan Steele