[horde] Graphical emoticons

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Feb 13 14:29:12 UTC 2008

Hello Daniela Fröhlich,

you have written:
> Now I really would like to have "graphical emoticons"
> and I saw that the horde webmail includes those.

To avoid a possible misunderstanding: Webmail can display
a limited collection of emoticons, such as “:-)”, via
little graphics; Webmail does nothing, in this respect,
for outgoing mail, the emoticons are sent as you have
typed them.

> Therefore I asked my website provider to add them.
> But he says, I would have to do it myself.

Apparently, you assume that you have to install
something. But have you checked the Options menu
(German: “Einstellungen”), already?

Most probably, you just have to activate, in the
“Options for Mail” / “Message Viewing” menu, the
“Convert textual emoticons into graphical ones?”
option  (“Einstellungen für Webmail” / “Nachrichten-
ansicht” / “Text-Emoticons in grafische umwandeln?”).

Good luck,
   Otto Stolz