[horde] DB locking issue

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Feb 21 03:04:37 UTC 2008

Quoting Steve Devine <sd at msu.edu>:

> We are testing horde-webmail-1.1-rc2
> running it on a couple of boxes. We are using mysql and are getting DB
> locking issues.
> These errors from horde.log
> *******************************
>
> Feb 19 21:23:08 HORDE [error] [kronolith] DB Error: not locked: SELECT
> datatree_id, datatree_parents FROM horde_datatree WHERE datatree_id IN
> (0, 1, 1024, -21, 0, 0, 1, 0) AND group_uid = 'horde.shares.kronolith'
> ORDER BY datatree_id [nativecode=1100 ** Table 'horde_datatree' was not
> locked with LOCK TABLES] [pid 18258 on line 1292 of
[snip]
> This error is intermittent.  It seems to happen mostly  while in
> calendar .  I believe my mysql db is setup ok as far as privileges.
> We are also  using the sql box for  session management ..

I guess that the db connection for the mysql sessionhandler is being
re-used by those other pages, and that you're not using row-level
locking. I *strongly* recommend that you use an innodb table and tell
Horde to use row-level locking for sessions. That should clear this up
- there's nowhere else that we issue a LOCK TABLES statement.

-chuck