[horde] [cvs] [Wiki] changed: CustomizeApis

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Feb 21 22:05:38 UTC 2008

Zitat von Vilius ?umskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:

> Sveiki,
>
>> Modified page: http://wiki.horde.org/CustomizeApis
>> New Revision:  1.3
>> Change log:  wording tweak
>
> I was reading through all these API pages recently and thinking how
> can I use them in my own environment. I see a lot of potential there,
> but I have one big problem.
>
> In my case Horde is on the mail server and CMS/CRM/ERP tools are
> on the web server. They are completely separate machines with
> different IP addresses etc.
>
> The question is: how one could use Horde APIs without Horde Registry
> modifications or file inclusions? Would NFS help here?
>
> For years I have used information from the Agora and Turba in our
> Intranet front pages directly from MySQL (And I want even more of that
> in the future). However it is a pain to adjust my code everytime
> according to Horde changes. And I don't want to move everything to Horde
> yet. Because I think you would agree with me that Horde is a great
> Groupware, but not much of the CMS/CRM system though. Also I don't
> want to move Horde to the web server for performance reasons.
>
> Does anyone has such or similar a setup? If so what do they propose?

All API methods are available through rpc. And now that we support
json-rpc, we have an protocol that's more robust than xml-rpc and much
more lightweight than soap. You still have the rpc wrapper and network
traffic as an overhead compared to local registry-only solution, but I
would suggest trying that.

In the opposite direction, i.e. if you want to integrate stuff from
your cms/crm into Horde, it's a different story though. You could
still use an application stub in Horde, but how to talk to the
external applications from there really depends on these applications.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/