[horde] configuration of group calendar and addressbooks (newbie question)

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Feb 29 16:11:24 UTC 2008

Quoting Mariano Absatz <el.baby at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm completely new to horde (and kronolith and turba, for that
> matter)... though' I'm not a complete idiot (some parts may be missing),
> I'm regretfully immersed in 100 different things, one of these being
> finding a suitable 'groupware' server.
>
> I need to get a few things configured up front, and the rest I'll be
> able to set up as I learn a bit more.
>
> After dedicating very little time I got frustrated trying to set up
> something using http://wiki.debian.org/Horde
>
> But this week I found out about the 'groupware webmail' edition that
> either wasn't available a month ago or so or I missed it.
>
> I installed the whole package and got it up and running using mysql and
> a local dovecot imap server in an ubuntu gutsy server.
>
> Everything seems to be working fine so I'm very excited about it, but I
> can't find information about the configuration files for the different apps.
>
> I need to create a site-wide shared calendar and a site-wide shared
> addressbook. Is there a tool to do this? Do I have to create it as a
> normal user and then share it? Do I have to manually edit the prefs.php
> files for kronolith or turba? Is there any docs about this?

For Turba, at least, you have a few options.  You can create a
separate SQL source that can be accessed  by everyone, with the
permissions set via Horde's global permissions interface
(admin->permissions). OR you can use a 'share enabled' source (like
the example localsql configuration in config/servers.php) and simply
create a new address book as a regular user and then set permissions
on that address book via the "My Address Books" page in Turba.  The
first option would require a separate database table for the address
book, and you must make sure not to set an __owner entry in the
source's map array.  The second option might work "out of the box"
depending on how your turba is already set up.

For Kronolith, I believe the only option would be to create a new
calendar as a user and share it through Kronolith's permissions
interface.

HTH

Thanks,
mike