[horde] configuration of group calendar and addressbooks (newbie question)

Mariano Absatz el.baby at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 16:00:59 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm completely new to horde (and kronolith and turba, for that
matter)... though' I'm not a complete idiot (some parts may be missing),
I'm regretfully immersed in 100 different things, one of these being
finding a suitable 'groupware' server.

I need to get a few things configured up front, and the rest I'll be
able to set up as I learn a bit more.

After dedicating very little time I got frustrated trying to set up
something using http://wiki.debian.org/Horde

But this week I found out about the 'groupware webmail' edition that
either wasn't available a month ago or so or I missed it.

I installed the whole package and got it up and running using mysql and
a local dovecot imap server in an ubuntu gutsy server.

Everything seems to be working fine so I'm very excited about it, but I
can't find information about the configuration files for the different apps.

I need to create a site-wide shared calendar and a site-wide shared
addressbook. Is there a tool to do this? Do I have to create it as a
normal user and then share it? Do I have to manually edit the prefs.php
files for kronolith or turba? Is there any docs about this?

If the answer is simply RTFM, I'd be very grateful if someone can point
me to the specific webpage or file to read.

TIA

--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby
el (dot) baby (AT) gmail (dot) com