[horde] Refuse users without mailbox

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon Mar 10 09:07:35 UTC 2008

Peter Meier schreef:
> Hi
>
>> I use IMAP for authentication (I use IMP, and IMP uses IMAP). The IMAP
>> authentication says "OK" for FTP-users, because it's the same user-base.
>>
>> There is no need for FTP-users to log into Horde: I don't like that.
>
> well but then just a question of design: If they can as well
> authenticate to IMAP (and I assume then as well to the smtp-server) then
> they can as well connect with an normal mail client and send mails with
> that?! In case of sending and receiving emails, horde is nothing else
> than a normal Mailclient. But I dunno your setup, maybe you have this
> excluded on the mailserver as well.

SMTP-access is limited to local IP ranges. But webmail users, and users
with an FTP-account can login to Horde and are then "local".

Realize that Cyrus IMAP does not create mailboxes automatically.
So you can have users with correct authentication but without mailbox.
I would like to refuse such users.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--