[horde] hiding parts of help

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Tue Mar 18 20:54:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:
>
>>> Shouldn't be too difficult.  Just make the required changes in
>>> help.xml and use the Horde translation.php script to automatically
>>> rebuild the other translations.
>>
>> Do I have to edit *all* the help.xml files?  I have 100 of them on my
>> install.  Or is there some trick way to edit the en_US help.xml file and
>> have translation.php propagate the changes to the other help.xml files?
>
> That's exactly what Michael was suggesting.

I finally got some time again to work on this.  I modified my
horde/imp/locale/en_US/help.xml file and tried to run:

   /var/www-test/horde/po/translation.php --base=/var/www-test/horde/ update-help --module=imp

I'm not sure why PHP doesn't give me an error message, but after a lot of
debugging I found out that I don't have the domxml_open_file() function.
Apparently the domxml extension is no longer used in PHP5, and it has been
replaced by the dom extension.

Searching Horde's CVS pages for the translation.php file shows that this
bug was fixed.  However, it looks like I have to be running HEAD or
perhaps the new Horde 3.2 code to get all the required Horde libraries.

Am I stuck if I'm running Horde 3.1.7 on PHP5?  Will I have to wait until
I upgrade to Horde 3.2?

Thanks,
 	Andy