[horde] 1 hour offset in ics files

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Apr 1 04:07:02 UTC 2008

I can't figure this out.

Horde is a bit old...will upgrade soon (3.1.3)
Kronolith too... v2.1.2

this is an event in the ics file...
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20080421T170000Z
DTEND:20080421T180000Z
DTSTAMP:20080401T032205Z
UID:20080328180216.5cuzdb837808 at srv1.example.com
SUMMARY:QM Meeting
TRANSP:OPAQUE
ORGANIZER;CN=Administrator:MAILTO:administrator at example.com
LOCATION:Main Office
END:VEVENT

I'm in Arizona and we are +7:00 GMT and thus the start seems to be 1
hour off, T170000Z (10:00 AM local time) but the event in Kronolith
clearly displays 11:00 AM. This happens on all events and this is just a
sample.

When I open the file with either Korganizer, or Evolution, it says 10:00
AM (naturally).

The server and workstations (I have tried this on several workstations)
are all properly set to the right (same) timezone.

php.ini does not set default timezone (is that the problem?)
# grep timezone /etc/php.ini
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
;date.timezone =

I'm befuddled...suggestions?

Craig