[horde] Last Login Problems

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Apr 1 07:33:52 UTC 2008

Zitat von "James S. Hayasaka" <jamesh at us.fujitsu.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having a problem with the dreaded "Last Login: Never" symptom. I
> checked the FAQ as well as chasing a number of red herrings, and I still
> can't make it work. We're running horde 3.1.5 with imp 4.1.5.
> Authentication is handled via IMP IMAP login, and preferences are stored
> in LDAP. Everything works fine - users are able to set preferences,
> create filters, etc. Their last login times just don't update. This is a
> fresh installation, and we have not done any version migration - so the
> issue with needing to delete any legacy hordePrefs: last_login
> attributes is not applicable. (I deleted mine, and it was recreated with
> the default "YTowOnt9" string the next time I logged in).
>
> We have three front-end systems behind an f5 load balancer. Each mounts
> the mail spool, and runs a local IMAP process (dovecot), as well as
> running an LDAP instance that is updated from a master server (none of
> the horde components are set up to use these local servers, but I
> thought I would mention it). IMP for each host is set to authenticate
> off of its local IMAP server. Preference updates write to the master
> server, a separate non-load balanced LDAP server. As I said, all other
> preferences seem to be fine. The fact that horde can create the default
> "hordePrefs: last_login" attribute makes me think it's probably not an
> LDAP ACL issue.
>
> I've gone through the horde.log (no errors), the slapd.log (no
> failures), and the httpd/error.log (no errors).

I can only imagine this failing in two places: either a wrong value is
passed to the last_login preference (unlikely). This happens in
lib/Horde/Auth.php in setAuth(), and you could easily track this.
Or the writing to the ldap server fails in this single case, or more
precisely: when writing the prefs to the server, it doesn't pick up
the change last_login preference. This happens in
lib/Horde/Prefs/ldap.php in store(). It's a bit harder to track down
because the method is run during the script shutdown.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/