[horde] How to add real-time or graphical data and click-to-features buttons into Turba address book views ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Tue Apr 8 11:25:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm completely new to Turba and Horde in general.
So please forgive me if this question has already been asked and replied in
the past.

Currently, Turba offers nice contacts views such as :
http://www.horde.org/groupware/screenshots/turba.png

Displayed data come from SQL, LDAP, IMSP, Kolab, and Horde Preferences
backends.

In previous screenshot example, Name, Email, Work Phone and Company are
naturally static, textual data.
Email field is active (clicking on it triggers an action) but the other 3
are inactive.

1. Could it be real-time data (periodically refreshed) ?
2. Could it be graphical (small icons) ?
3. Could it be activable with contact-related data passed over to an
external REST application (click-to-feature function) ?

To build such application today, I could mashup Turba data with another
application providing the features I'm after (dynamism, graphism,
application triggering) just like this :
http://theupstairsroom.com/65

Is there a more easy way ?
Any suggestion ?

Regards