[horde] Using GIT for Horde?

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Tue Apr 22 06:37:51 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag 22 April 2008 08:16:38 schrieb Michael M Slusarz:
<SNIP>
> My concerns about git (from a Horde standpoint):
<SNIP>
> * Concerns about distributed/non-centralized development don't seem
> particularly important for us since we don't have large amounts of
> developers, crushing amounts of patches, issues with merging, and/or
> stepping on other dev's toes.

Hi Michael,

I'm very interested in the horde project and would like very much to start
hacking on horde, but

* CVS really pushes me back. My first VCS was allready SVN and I really don't
want to learn a technology that's already history.

* I think that most of the changes I'd like to make[1] would not be accepted
by the whole horde project. Nevertheless it could be usefull for the whole
project to have another dev looking over the code and maybe some of my
changes could go "upstream". This upstream merge is much easier with a
distributed VCS then with CVS/SVN.

[1] Those changes are: Eliminating strict warnings, eliminating code in the
global scope, including eZComponents for configuration, authentication and
mail transport, only one central index.php as a dispatcher.

Cheers,

--
Thomas Koch, Software Developer

Young Media Concepts GmbH