[horde] Using GIT for Horde?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Apr 22 06:16:38 UTC 2008

Quoting Peter Meier <peter.meier at immerda.ch>:

> Hi
>
>> Thanks - this is pretty interesting to me, but I'm also badly
>> uninformed about GIT. Is there a good quickstart that you can
>> recommend for playing around with a checkout from the import you did?
>
> assuming you didn't yet look at the following documents I really can
> recommend them. They helped me a lot to start:

My concerns about git (from a Horde standpoint):
* Conversion away from cvs eliminates one of the best dev resources -
cvs.horde.org.  git does not seem to have been written with this kind
of log viewing activity in mind (not to mention a backend would need
to be written for chora)
* Concerns about distributed/non-centralized development don't seem
particularly important for us since we don't have large amounts of
developers, crushing amounts of patches, issues with merging, and/or
stepping on other dev's toes.

michael