[horde] How encoding works in horde?

Piotr Legiecki piotrlg at sci.pam.szczecin.pl
Thu Jun 5 13:15:22 UTC 2008

> That's because Horde doesn't support any charsets on database level. What
> you see through phpmyadmin is raw data. Check the this mailing list archives
> (or was it i18n at lists.horde.org) for possible workaround and explanation.

Hm, this one?
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.horde.user/18539

But the solution here is ugly. It assumes my sql server is for one
encoding only. It is sort of a hack.

This one solves nothing, well it tells only that phpmyadmin is not nice:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.horde.user/13214

So still don't get it. Magic...

But is the short answer: I'm doing everything fine (with horde/mysql)
and the fact that phpmyadmin shows it wrong is not important?

I wonder why linux console/putty are showing those national characters
ok? They are set to utf8. So why phpmyadmin (also set to utf8) does not?

Regards
Piotr