[horde] [Horde] Setting up conf.php parameters and modifying UI

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 10 15:53:49 UTC 2008

Quoting "project i3" <projecti3.horde at gmail.com>:

> 1. We try to configure it using all the conf.php files. We want to

Hopefully you are using the configuration interface, and not manually
editing the conf.php files...

> simplify the authentification, with just one login/password to enter
> Horde and then autologin for all the applications.

This shouldn't be a problem, and is usually accomplished by using IMP
to do the logins for Horde, and using HordeAuth elsewhere.

> We think we have to make some stuff in the applications conf.php files
> but we have some difficulties to find documentation about conf.php in
> general

The conf.xml file, and the UI used with it, provides about all the docs
that exist (which maybe isn't enough).

> and especially about the parameters that can be used in these
> files.

See above about the conf.xml files.  Unless you are using a real old
version of Horde or something.

> Do you know where we can find some informations about that?

Mostly in conf.xml.

> 2. We want to have a different theme for the patient and the medical
> stuff. Is it possible to do that without creating a special page for both?

If you have a way to identify which users are in which group (via ldap or
sql lookup, for example, or by a username prefix or something like that)
then you could do this.  You could use a hook or php code to set the
preference at login.  This would not change the theme for the login page,
but would change it after login for all other pages.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!