[horde] Re : [Horde] Setting up conf.php parameters and modifying UI

project i3 projecti3.horde at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 09:05:53 UTC 2008

Hello all,

First, thanks for your answer Eric.

2008/6/10, Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
> Quoting "project i3" <projecti3.horde at gmail.com>:
>
>> 1. We try to configure it using all the conf.php files. We want to
>
> Hopefully you are using the configuration interface, and not manually
> editing the conf.php files...

We've edit some conf.php files manually, but if you think that we're
on the wrong way, we will change that.

>> simplify the authentification, with just one login/password to enter
>> Horde and then autologin for all the applications.
>
> This shouldn't be a problem, and is usually accomplished by using IMP
> to do the logins for Horde, and using HordeAuth elsewhere.

Thanks, we've already find how to do that, but we try to have a global
authentification because we will add some others application that
might need one. So we want a global solution for that, so if you have
some suggestions you're welcome :)

>> We think we have to make some stuff in the applications conf.php files
>> but we have some difficulties to find documentation about conf.php in
>> general
>
> The conf.xml file, and the UI used with it, provides about all the docs
> that exist (which maybe isn't enough).
>
>> and especially about the parameters that can be used in these
>> files.
>
> See above about the conf.xml files.  Unless you are using a real old
> version of Horde or something.
>
>> Do you know where we can find some informations about that?
>
> Mostly in conf.xml.

We've find out the conf.xml.

>> 2. We want to have a different theme for the patient and the medical
>> stuff. Is it possible to do that without creating a special page for both?
>
> If you have a way to identify which users are in which group (via ldap or
> sql lookup, for example, or by a username prefix or something like that)
> then you could do this.  You could use a hook or php code to set the
> preference at login.  This would not change the theme for the login page,
> but would change it after login for all other pages.

Do you mean that we can choose a prefs.php in the hook? Or could we
add directly in the prefs.php the code to choose which theme a user
would use.

Thanks for your help

Regards,

The ProjectI3 Team