[horde] Default behavior in Horde.

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jun 19 18:21:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 13:58 -0400, Steve Devine wrote:
> Some time ago I saw a posting about the best way to develop a template
> for new users.
> I have been searching for it but can seem to find it.
> It seemed like the suggestion was "Get it the way you want it and
> then...."  It might have been a sql command to dump the prefs out of the
> datatree.  I just can't find it in the archives.
> Basically I want first time users to see the portal a certain way and
> the same way. Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks
----
here's one concept (I don't think I would endorse this - not for the
faint hearted for sure)

http://wiki.horde.org/ApplyGlobal

This is a link to all sorts of this kind of idea...

http://wiki.horde.org/CustomizingPreferences

and I contributed the section on 'Horde' and have a specific entry on
the portal there.

Yes, the idea is to get one setup that is exactly how you want it and
then find the full entry for that in the horde_prefs (table) and copy
and paste it into horde/config/prefs.php in the right section

Craig