[horde] Alarms

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jun 26 11:55:22 UTC 2008

Zitat von Kevin Konowalec <webadmin at ualberta.ca>:

> I've started playing with the horde global alarms system in 3.2.
> It's going to be a very useful tool.  However, there are a few
> things about it that I'm not sure are intentional or not that make
> it slightly less usable.
>
> 1.  Once you've set an alarm it is not viewable or editable unless
> you look in the horde_alarms table.  It seems like the ability to
> change an alarm once it's set would be a good thing to have.  It
> also would make sense to me that if you have alarms set the "alarms"
> link in the sidebar should have some sort of indicator, if only
> something like "Alarms (1)" like mail has.

Active (and even inactive) alarms should be displayed in a list at the
alarms page.

> 2.  What I think the alarms is best suited for is a user
> notification system  (when the system is about to go down, etc.).
> In that regard

That's exactly what it was made for.

> I think it'd make more sense to have the alarm text in the
> notification bar or popup and not just the notification title.  If
> there's detailed instructions or whatnot that needs to be conveyed
> (especially important in an emergency situation) it can't be done
> via the global alarms system.  It would be a powerful addition if it
> could.

The alarm text (as received from the Horde applications) is displayed
in the tooltip of the alarm text link that points to object triggering
the alarm. There no such object when creating global alarms, so there
is no link, so there is no alarm text.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/