[horde] [imp] Trash, Drafts, Sent mailboxes names in non-english language

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jun 27 10:36:13 UTC 2008

Zitat von Filipe Azevedo <fazevedo at netmadeira.com>:

> Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Zitat von Dominique LALOT <dom.lalot at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm using horde for many years, but starting with groupware
>>> webmail edition 1.1, I'm looking again at a lot of parameters.
>>>
>>> First: My INBOX is written Boite de reception (I strip the accents)
>>
>> Yes. What was the question?
>>
>>> For Trash, Draft, Sent, I'm stuck with two possibilities:
>>> _("Trash") Which means translate Trash in whatever language you
>>> like which unfortunately leads to make a "Brouillons" mailbox
>>> instead of just keeping Drafts, but displaying "Brouillons" or
>>> "Drafts" which means that french users will see trash instead of
>>> displaying Brouillons
>>
>> Huh?
>>
>> Jan.
>>
> I guess he has the same issue I was talking about under the subject
> "Translation on default folders - How?".
>
> It makes no sense at all that each time a user changes its languange
> preference he has to get 4 or 5 new folders! The translation should
> be done on the label of the "system folders" such as sent items,
> trash, and so on...

You can always set the default values to something different than the
current gettext strings.

> Last time your claimed that it would be showing a non-existing IMAP
> folder to the user, which is correct, but then again the regular
> user doesnt really care or know what IMAP folders are! Again this
> ONLY applies to the "system folders".
>
> I'd sugest having a configuration setting to IMP that would allow
> the translation of ONLY the label of the "system folders"

This add too much magic for my taste.
What about archived sent mail folders for example? They are suddenly
named differently than the current sent mail folder, because they are
no longer recognized as "system folders".
What about other clients accessing the same server and displaying
different folder names?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/