[horde] [imp] Trash, Drafts, Sent mailboxes names in non-english language

Filipe Azevedo fazevedo at netmadeira.com
Fri Jun 27 09:50:35 UTC 2008

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Dominique LALOT <dom.lalot at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using horde for many years, but starting with groupware webmail
>> edition 1.1, I'm looking again at a lot of parameters.
>>
>> First: My INBOX is written Boite de reception (I strip the accents)
>
> Yes. What was the question?
>
>> For Trash, Draft, Sent, I'm stuck with two possibilities:
>> _("Trash") Which means translate Trash in whatever language you like
>> which unfortunately leads to make a "Brouillons" mailbox instead of
>> just keeping Drafts, but displaying "Brouillons" or "Drafts" which
>> means that french users will see trash instead of displaying Brouillons
>
> Huh?
>
> Jan.

I guess he has the same issue I was talking about under the subject
"Translation on default folders - How?".

It makes no sense at all that each time a user changes its languange
preference he has to get 4 or 5 new folders! The translation should be
done on the label of the "system folders" such as sent items, trash, and
so on...

Last time your claimed that it would be showing a non-existing IMAP
folder to the user, which is correct, but then again the regular user
doesnt really care or know what IMAP folders are! Again this ONLY
applies to the "system folders".

I'd sugest having a configuration setting to IMP that would allow the
translation of ONLY the label of the "system folders"

--
Regards,

Filipe Azevedo