[horde] IE 7 crashing using DIMP while previewing messages showing subject and headers

jbesko at msu.edu jbesko at msu.edu
Tue Jul 15 19:26:09 UTC 2008

I have run across a problem with Internet Explorer 7.05730.11 running on
Windows XP SP3.  When using dynamic mode, I open my Inbox and see my
messages.  I click on one of the messages, click on the subject to expand
it to show who the message is from, etc.  Then I use the cursor key to
navigate to the next message, and it shows fine, but when I go to the

"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are
sorry for the inconvenience."

It allows me to send an error report.  I have searched the archives, and
Google to find anything reported and came up with nothing.  I have saved the
debug log (drwtsn32.log file).  The log reports an exception number for
iexplore.exe:

c0000005 (access violation)

I have also seen this error message on Windows 2003 Server SP2 with IE
7.0.5730.11.

I do not have this problem in IE 7 if just the subject is showing, only when
it is expanded.  I do not have this problem using Firefox v3.0 on the same
Windows XP client.

On the back end, we're running horde on OpenSuse 10.3, courier IMAP,
horde-webmail-1.1, and MySQL v5.x.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks.

--

Joe Besko