[horde] Users

horde at corwyn.net horde at corwyn.net
Mon Sep 15 18:55:33 UTC 2008

The problem I have is i know _where_ this option is, I just don't
know how to actually get it to DO anything.

I'm running CentOS 5.1 and the Horde webmail 3.0.1 on top of postfix
and dovecot.
Currently Authentication is set to
  $conf[auth][driver] : Let Horde handle authentication
and
$conf[auth][params][app]  : imp

This works to authenticate in webmail to the local
/etc/passwd  /etc/shadow (default auth).

When I change
  $conf[auth][driver] to Password file Authentication

authentication fails.  tinkering with settings eventually leads me to
reverting it back to the defaults.

I've dug around / googled a fair amount for documentation on these
two parameters, and haven't really found anything (except other
people searching for the same thing) .  Is there an actual
document/manual on these settings anywhere?

Authentication is key from a product security perspective. I've been
surprised I can't find a standard default document that explains the
authentication options and how to enable /configure them.

Rick