[horde] Users

horde at corwyn.net horde at corwyn.net
Mon Sep 15 22:10:35 UTC 2008

At 05:39 PM 9/15/2008, Michael Rubinsky wrote:
Well, even if you get them to work, you won't be able to manage users
>via horde. Those drivers don't support that. They are designed to
>allow horde to (obviously) authenticate against an existing shadow
>file - which is managed by the OS, not Horde, for obvious reasons.

Thank you very helpful.

>Not much to know about using the mySQL driver. Set the auth backend to
>SQL, make sure the tables are present in the database, which they
>should be, add some users....of course, your users will have to either
>have the same login/pass as they do on the IMAP server or they will
>have to login separately to IMP. The other option is to have your IMAP
>server use SQL authentication, and use the SQL with custom queries
>backend in horde to connect to the same database/tables as your IMAP
>server.

So does the default horde mysql database already have the tables in
it, or will I need to use a separate mySQL database? where would I
locate the required fields/tables required in the mySQL table?

Is there a quick summary somewhere of what steps need to be done to
get horde to auth via mySQL? (and thus permit me to manage users within horde)?

rick