[horde] Various Issues

Joey Kinsella jkinsella at ancillaryservices.com
Thu Oct 9 18:07:45 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I'm no very good with "introductions", but here we go. First off my
company has been investing the past two months to implement horde on a
global scale across the corporation, and in these past couple of months
we have come a long way with horde, but still have a few kinks that we
are unable to solve.

* First off, one of the "problems" we are experiencing is inline
notifications, it appears that they do not popup unless you "refresh"
the page manually. This is a problem if you are not actively using maps.

* Missing attachments in e-mail, after doing some research I found that
this is apparently caused by a missing MIME header, but my boss isn't
thrilled with this answer, so if perhaps there is any other
possibilities that someone out there might know, feel free to let me know.

* The Daily Agenda that is sent by e-mail, doesn't seem to come in any
particular order, in fact, sometimes it doesn't look like it's even
looking at the right day.

* The powers that be at my company, want to also be able to move/copy an
e-mail message to a calendar event, similar to how you move/copy an
e-mail message to a task list, I was wondering if anyone knew how
difficult this could be, looking at the code, it looks like I could
follow suite and just use listCalendars api call, but not 100% sure
about that.

That's pretty much the gist of everything that we have now...

Also, I've written a few addon/patches to horde (particularly to
kronolith) if anyone is interested I will be happy to share..

One of the things that my boss had requested was to be able to add
attachments to a calendar event, doesn't do well for anyone outside of
horde, but it works well for anyone inside of horde.