[horde] Various Issues

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Oct 10 09:48:46 UTC 2008

Zitat von Joey Kinsella <jkinsella at ancillaryservices.com>:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm no very good with "introductions", but here we go. First off my
> company has been investing the past two months to implement horde on
> a global scale across the corporation, and in these past couple of
> months we have come a long way with horde, but still have a few
> kinks that we are unable to solve.
>
> * First off, one of the "problems" we are experiencing is inline
> notifications, it appears that they do not popup unless you
> "refresh" the page manually. This is a problem if you are not
> actively using maps.

Maps? Anyway, this is how it works at the moment.

> * Missing attachments in e-mail, after doing some research I found
> that this is apparently caused by a missing MIME header, but my boss
> isn't thrilled with this answer, so if perhaps there is any other
> possibilities that someone out there might know, feel free to let me
> know.

No, there is none.

> * The Daily Agenda that is sent by e-mail, doesn't seem to come in
> any particular order, in fact, sometimes it doesn't look like it's
> even looking at the right day.

That should have been fixed with the latest release.

> * The powers that be at my company, want to also be able to
> move/copy an e-mail message to a calendar event, similar to how you
> move/copy an e-mail message to a task list, I was wondering if
> anyone knew how difficult this could be, looking at the code, it
> looks like I could follow suite and just use listCalendars api call,
> but not 100% sure about that.

Basically yes. But I always ask the same question at this point: To
which date and time do you want to add the message/event?

> That's pretty much the gist of everything that we have now...
>
> Also, I've written a few addon/patches to horde (particularly to
> kronolith) if anyone is interested I will be happy to share..

Sure, it would be great if you could add them to bugs.horde.org.

> One of the things that my boss had requested was to be able to add
> attachments to a calendar event, doesn't do well for anyone outside
> of horde, but it works well for anyone inside of horde.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/